There is something wonderful about lemons that just boost your mood. Maybe it’s their bright sunny yellow color that makes them so uplifting or the tartness and freshness that add to anything you make using them.
They are a bright burst of Spring to me sort of like the daffodils outside my door.
I just know I love them and use them to decorate my home and bake these 2 lemony delicious recipes, lemon snowball cookies and lemon bars. I think it’s the blend of sweet with the tartness of the lemon that has me smitten.
Today I decided to share my recipes with you.
Lemon Snowball Cookies ( like lemon coolers they melt in your mouth)
Powdered Sugar Coating
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) In a medium-sized bowl , beat together the butter and the salt until soft and fluffy.
3) Mix in confectioners’ sugar and lemon rind(Zest).
4)Add flour, mixing well until combined
5) Form the dough into 1″ balls. Place balls on ungreased baking sheet.
6)Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes. They should be very light brown on the bottom and feel set on the top.
7) Remove the cookies from the oven. Let them cool on baking sheet for about 2 minutes, then roll in the confectioners’ sugar, lemon Crystal light mixture to coat.
8)Let them cool and then roll again in confectioners’ sugar.
When they are completely cool, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Yeild:50-60 tea size cookies
Luscious Lemon Bars
I use the one in the Better Crocker Cookbook:
They are so yummy!
Baking one of these little gems is sure to brighten your Wednesday.